JD - Software Engineer
askporter works globally, across commercial & residential real estate, facilities management and local government, to empower customers to self-serve and automate service delivery through AI. We have had an incredible rise and have received industry-wide recognition for its innovative AI customer engagement platform.
Our mission is to empower physical assets to self manage through the power of AI, enabling people to spend more time where they can add more value.
We started with a focus on the property management industry, improving the experience for residents. We are now expanding out to tackle similar challenges across other sectors, starting with improving the broad range of services local councils deliver to their residents.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we scale-up our already proven product to expand in new clients and markets. As part of a team of 12 engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all areas of the products.
Our approach is to hire software engineers with a breadth of experience that can work across multiple areas, with a specialism in either front-end or back-end development.
Across all specialisms we look for:
- Strong TypeScript and Node.js experience
- CI / CD processes, including Github Actions
- Experience working an early start / scale up company in highly collaborative teams
- Ownership of the quality of your code - creating well-designed, testable code
- Experience working with monorepos
- Experience with RESTful API design and API centric platforms
- Design for security and design for operations
For front-end specialised candidates we are ideally looking for:
- React JS, including custom react components
- State management libraries
- Unit, Integration and E2E testing experience, using Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress
- Design systems such as Material and associated tools such as Storybook
- Experience in developing products with high level of Accessibility
- Responsive design
For back-end specialised candidates we look for:
- Extensive knowledge of AWS with a focus on serverless technologies
- Infrastructure as Code, specifically Terraform
- Working knowledge of Azure and GCP
- Experience working with RDBMS (ideally postgres), NoSQL stores (ideally DynamoDB) and graph databases
- Elasticsearch / OpenSearchD
Don’t worry if you don’t meet exactly all the criteria, we would still love to hear from you.
These roles are open to applicants UK wide and are remote-first, although we like to get together at least twice a year, usually somewhere interesting, to spend some time together.
We offer a generous package, including a base salary of £65-75k, bonus scheme and generous benefits.
We have a simple two step interview process comprising a first stage technical interview with the team that includes a live coding test (no pre-work required) and a final stage personal interview with our CTO.